Mosquito Bite Treatments That Really Work
When mosquitoes bite, they leave behind a red, swollen, painful, or itchy welt. What you may not know is that the reason this happens is because mosquitoes actually inject saliva as they suck your blood. Your skin is basically reacting to this foreign material. Some people aren’t really bothered by mosquito bites, while others experience extreme reactions. The best thing to do, no matter your sensitivity, is to treat a mosquito bite immediately to decrease any potential discomfort. Don’t worry though, treating mosquito bites at home is easy.
Easy Home Remedies for Itchy Mosquito Bites
Avoiding mosquitoes isn’t easy in South Florida, and you’re bound to encounter these blood-thirsty insects sooner or later. If you’re bitten by mosquitoes, you’ll likely notice the area start to swell over a short period of time. When the itching starts, it can be downright miserable. Never scratch mosquito bites because it can cause infections. You can always buy an anti-itch cream, or, you can try one of these easy DIY mosquito bite remedies:
Ice Mosquito Bite Treatment
- Wash the bite and area around it with mild soap and cool water.
- Apply an ice pack for 10 minutes to reduce swelling and itching.
- Reapply the ice pack as needed.
Baking Soda Anti-Itch Paste
- In a small bowl, combine 1 TBSP of baking soda and enough water to create a paste.
- Apply baking soda and water mixture to the mosquito bite.
- Baking soda helps reduce the itch response.
Soothe Mosquito Bites with Oatmeal
- Apply a paste of oatmeal and water to affected areas for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the oatmeal off with cool water.
- For multiple bites, soak in an oatmeal bath for itch relief.
Honey as a Mosquito Bite Remedy
- Honey contains anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties making a perfect remedy.
- Apply a dot of honey to your mosquito bites for fast itch relief.
- You’ll want to be mindful, however, as the honey will be sticky and potentially messy.
Apple Cider Vinegar Mosquito Bite Treatment
- Apple cider vinegar helps disinfect your skin while eliminating that itchy feeling.
- Soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and dab it onto mosquito bites to reduce itching.
- Need more relief? Soak a cloth with equal parts cool water and ACV and apply as needed.
An Ounce of Prevention Is Worth a Million Mosquito Bite Remedies
There is absolutely nothing pleasant about being harassed and bitten by mosquitoes. In fact, it can be dangerous. Mosquitoes are known to carry a variety of diseases they can pass to humans such as Zika Virus and Dengue Fever. They’re also capable of passing heartworms to your beloved pets.
You don’t want to spray dangerous chemicals where people and pets play, but what can you do? Stop mosquitoes before they bite with a Mosquito Misting System from SWAT Mosquito systems. Our exclusive mosquito misting systems used plant-based ingredients to repel mosquitoes 24/7/365. Contact us today for a free consultation so you can rest easy knowing your family is safe and the mosquitoes are under control.
Get a Free Mosquito Misting System Estimate Today
Don’t suffer from an invasion during mosquito season in Florida, contact the mosquito control experts at SWAT Mosquito Systems today or give us a call at 1-866-900-SWAT(7928) to schedule an appointment We’ll be happy to inspect your property and work up an estimate for a custom mosquito misting system. You can rest assured that your family is protected from harmful mosquitoes without exposing them to dangerous chemicals found in many mosquito repellents.
SWAT Mosquito Systems specializes in providing the most effective solutions to manage flying, biting insects such as mosquitoes, no-see-ums, flies, fleas, ticks, and more. Your system will be custom designed to meet the unique needs of your residential or commercial property. Once our premium system is installed, it sprays a fine mist that immediately creates an insect-free zone, allowing you, your family, your guests, and your customers to fully enjoy the beautiful outdoor lifestyle.